Author: Cold Turkey
I took the ScummVM AGI games database and reformatted some of it into (sierragi.txt). People can add new games to the file without changing the programs code!
The source code is in C# .NET 2.0 for compatibility. The class for detection can be used by any other code you have, and can return a struct instead of just printing to the console. This should be useful to those wanting to do detection from their programs.
I really don't know anything about .NET dependencies, so if this doesn't run on your Windows, maybe you need to install a .NET runtime?
AGInfo is old, and there didn't seem to be anything else. I also wrote getVerA2 which decodes strings in AGI games looking for the version number (AGI 2 only at this time). The idea was "pure" in the sense that it doesn't require external data. What was unfortunate is that Sierra didn't use a standard for encoding version strings in their games, so the tool could miss something. It also couldn't find the date, since this was arbitrarily encoded into the game data, if it even existed at all.
- File:Sierragi.txt (TXT file) [4.74 KB]
- This is the games database. This file will be updated as more games are added. If you are unable to detect a game, check for a new version of this file.
agidentify "pathToGameDirectory" *
* Remember to put quotes surrounding the path if it has spaces. If you don't, this program will fail!!