Winp2p (PCX2PAL) for Windows Screenshot
|Website:||The Ultimate AGI & SCI Web Site (Web Archive)|
Brian Provinciano's PCX2PAL takes the palette from a 256 color PCX image and creates an AGI palette file for use with the AGI palette changing patch. A Windows version (WinP2P) is also available.
This program is freeware. You may distribute it freely as long as:
- All files, (even this readme file), are included in their original unchanged form.
- You may not accept money in exchange for this software for any reason.
Email me at "email@example.com" with any questions, comments or bug reports regarding this program.
- Source code cleaned up and modified to run quicker and more efficiently.
- Recompiled to be a smaller executable
PCX2PAL [FILE.PCX] [FILE.PAL]
Where [FILE.PCX] is the PCX image that you are getting the palette from and [FILE.PAL] is the palette output file.
The PCX file should be a 256 color PCX, but only the first 16 colors of the palette need to be used.
See the PCX2PAL Tutorial on using PCX2PAL and the palette changing patch.
Download from here:
The zip file should contain the following files:
- PAL.101 - The output palette of test.pcx
- WINP2P.EXE - The main program
- README.TXT - This file
- TEST.PCX - A PCX file which uses the AGI palette to give an example of how the palette should be.
- None known