Version 1.0 By Brian Provinciano March 27th, 1999
- PCX2PAL (ZIP file) [11 KB]
Q. What does it do? A. PCX2PAL takes the palette from a 256 color PCX image and creates an AGI palette file for use with the AGI palette changing patch.
Q. How do I use it?
A. At the DOS prompt, go to the directory where PCX2PAL is located and type:
PCX2PAL [FILE.PCX] [FILE.PAL]
Where [FILE.PCX] is the PCX image that you are getting the palette from and [FILE.PAL] is the palette output file.
The PCX file should be a 256 color PCX, but only the first 16 colors of the palette need to be used.
A full tutorial on using PCX2PAL and the palette changing patch is located at http://agisci.cjb.net.
Q. Is this program free? A. Yes. This program is freeware. You may distribute it freely as long as:
- All files, (even this readme file), are included in their original unchanged form.
- You may not accept money in exchange for this software for any reason.
Q. How can I contact you? A. You can email me at "email@example.com" with any questions, comments or bug reports regarding this program.
- Source code cleaned up and modified to run quicker and more efficiently.
- Recompiled to be a smaller executable
The ZIP file should contain the following files:
- PAL.101 - The output palette of test.pcx
- PCX2PAL.EXE - The main program
- README.TXT - This file
- TEST.PCX - A PCX file which uses the AGI palette to give an example of how the palette should be.